Munot Fortress, Schaffhouse
Overlooking the town of Schaffhausen, the Munot fortress, built in the 16th century by the citizens of the town during feudal chores, is one of the emblems of the medieval town. At the top of the tower, there is a magnificent view over the old town and the river area of the Rhine. An exceptional moment: the Munot guard, a role that has been held continuously since 1589, rings the bells every evening at 9:00 p.m.
Current image JPEG image — 210 KB
Current image JPEG image — 53 KB